Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Health and fitness of the day

Hey guys! So today I'm making a change in my health and fitness of the day posts. Instead of writing out in paragraph form what foods I ate, I am going to make a list. The list will be in order of when I ate it during the day. Let me know if you like this format or the other format better in the comments below! So let's get into my nutrition!

What I ate:
fruit loops
milk
smoothie
grande iced caramel machiatto 
1/2 personal pan pepperoni pizza
jr bacon cheeseburger
another smoothie
rice
meatballs
corn
ahi poke (shoyu poke)
So, overall I think that it was not the best day nutritionally. The pizza and the cheeseburger really made my nutrition tank, but I think that everything else was pretty good. The fruit loops also weren't the healthiest, but like I said in previous health and fitness of the day posts, I don't drink milk too often, so if fruit loops helps me get my calcium, I'll eat it!

My fitness today was pretty good. I had another yoga session today so that was 1 1/2 hours. We ran through the basic poses that I already learned (triangle pose, warrior 2, tree pose, downward dog...) but we also learned some new poses. The first new pose that I learned was the eagle pose. It was pretty tough because you are focusing on your balance, but at the same time your legs are crossed and your arms are crossed. It is tough! The next pose was the chair pose. This one was hard as well, not because the pose itself was hard, but because it is hard to maintain. It is like holding a squat for a minute or two. The last (and maybe my favorite) pose that I learned today was the fish pose. It is like a bridge, but your hips and legs are on the ground and you are bridging onto the crown of your head. It was a great stretch and I thought that it was fun! I totally recommend trying out a yoga class if you are interested because I didn't think that I would like it, but I ended up loving it! 

Let me know your health and fitness of the day in the comments below and subscribe if you like my blog! Also, let me know in the comments whether you like this nutrition layout or the old one better. 
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment