Monday, January 21, 2013

how to stay healthy

Hey guys!
So just to update you on recent events in my life, my brother is sick with a virus or something like that, my mom was sick last week with the same thing my brother has, and my sister is sick with a cold. In a house of sick people, it can be hard to stay healthy. Here are some of my tricks that I do to try and stay healthy. Keep in mind, what works for me may not work for you and I am not a doctor so do these things at your own risk.
1) I have upped my intake of nutrients. I've been having smoothies every day for either a snack or breakfast. I put orange juice (vitamin C) blueberries (antioxidants) frozen strawberries (more vitamin C) and bananas (potassium) and ice in it. I think this helps keep me healthy because although vitamin C doesn't keep you from getting sick, it helps you recover from the sickness in less time.
2) I try to de-stress. I have been doing yoga a couple days a week because I am taking a yoga class for PE. I think that this helps me because I can spend 1 1/2 hours every other day and clear my head. This helps me de-stress because I am not worrying about everything else in my life. De-stressing keeps you healthy because stress is a toxin to your body and compromises your immune system.
3) I get enough sleep. I sleep from 10-6 so I get around 8 hours. This is my ideal amount of sleep and I think that it keeps me healthy. I don't think that you need to sleep for 8 hours, but sleep enough so that you are well rested. Having enough sleep is important for your health because it allows your body to recover from the day and rebuild cells and stay in tip top shape.
This is what I do to stay healthy, let me know what you do in the comments below!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment