Friday, March 15, 2013

Attention Whores?

Hey guys!
So I've just been dealing with some personal drama and stuff recently and I thought that I would just share a bit of what I've been going through with you! So I have a friend. For the sake of this post let's call her Amanda (but that's not her real name) and she used to go out with another friend of mine let's call him Jake (that's not his real name either). I was friends with jake for 5 years or so before Jake and Amanda started going out. But I did not know Amanda well before then. So I decided I was obligated to try and be friends or at least be civil with Amanda because me and Jake were so close so I became pretty good friends with her. Well in short, they broke up. And I was the middle man for months. I was friends with both of them and when the rest of my friends split and chose between Jake and Amanda I tried to remain in the middle and friends with them both. Amanda started telling me all these things about her and Jake and later her and another one of my friends that was honestly TMI! So then it got to a point where I couldn't keep one of her friends away from Jake because he deserved to know (it was that she hooked up with one of his best friends). So I told him. I know that it may or may not have been the best thing to do, but I did it anyway. He got pissed (understandably) and she doesn't know that I told him. Then I started catching on to her attention whore behavior like always talking loud, always telling me more than she should or more than I needed to know to get a rise out of me, always bragging about how she was going to get a car... And I realized that I'm over it. It got to the point where I was just like F you! You can do what (and who you want) but I don't need to be a part of that. So in a way, I did end up choosing Jake over Amanda! 
Well anyways if you read this whole post, thanks! I know it was a long one... Also let me know how you deal with attention whores in the comments!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment