Monday, March 18, 2013

the incredible Burt Wonderstone review

Hey guys!
So I saw the incredible Burt Wonderstone this weekend and I decided to do a quick review of the movie for you. First off let me start by saying I am not going to do any spoilers in this post so if you want to see the movie you can without me ruining it! 
So first, this movie was a lot better than I thought it would be. Some comedy movies put the funniest parts of the movies into the trailers so when you see the movie you don't get anything out of it. This was not one of these movies. It was very funny and the comedy was a little weird though. You have Jim Carrey playing a magician, but the comedy that he does is dark and a little bit grotesque sometimes. Then you have Steve Carell and the comedy that he does is more sexual and more normal. This is not a movie for young children or people that get grossed out super easily. Jim Carrey does a few magic tricks in this movie that are very graphic and I think that if you get grossed out very easily then you will not like this movie. Also, there is a lot of sexual innuendo in this movie with Steve Carell in the beginning and later with Olivia Wilde. There is also some swearing so I just don't think that this is in any way an appropriate movie for kids under 11 at least. That's probably why it was rated PG 13. 
This movie combines the comedy seen in a family friendly movie with magic, swearing, and sexual innuendo so overall, I don't think that this makes the best movie. I'm not saying it was a bad movie, because it wasn't and I don't regret seeing this movie, but go into the movie expecting a predictable storyline, but some great laughs! 
I hope that you enjoyed this movie review! I'll also be posting a review of "The Croods" soon so be on the lookout for that too!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment