Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ask.fm from a teenagers perspective

Hey guys!
So if you've seen my post a few days ago, you probably know that at my school lots of people are making ask.fm accounts (including me) and I thought that for some of you less tech savvy people or for all of you on the fence about making one I would do a post on what I think of it.

First off, what is ask.fm? It is sort of like if twitter and formspring had a baby. It has the aspect of anonymous (or non anonymous) questions, but it also allows you to follow your friends (they don't know you follow them) so on your homescreen, you get to see their most recently answered questions. You also have the option in your settings to only allow non-anonymous questions and you can integrate it with other social networking devices so they will link to each answered questions (which can get annoying if you get lots of questions)

My experience with ask.fm? Well, I think that its a pretty good one! I mean there are people who get the awkward sexual questions or have people bullying them, but that hasn't been the case with me. I think that you just need to know what you're getting into when you sign up for an account and that you need to make sure not to take what these anonymous people say about you to heart. Also, if you are hated or think that there are people out there who are going to try and purposely make you look bad then don't make one! Just use common sense and remember that you can always delete your account if you don't like it! But really my questions have all been about boys, friends, and cheerleading and they are more fun if anything. I will admit that I've gotten a few hate messages, but you just need to blow them off or if you want to, you can delete them!

Should you make one? Well I don't want to sway your opinion either way, but honestly I think that its fun and its a great way to pass a few minutes (or hours), but if you are sensitive or don't want to be criticized, then don't make one. The choice is up to you!

So I hope that this post helped clear up a few things about ask.fm and I hope that this was helpful! Let me know if you have a ask.fm and what you think of it in the comments and subscribe for new content daily!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment