Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cheerleading tryouts: tips and tricks

Hey guys!
I thought that I would do a cheerleading tryouts series of sorts. This post will be on my tips and tricks and I think in a few days I'll have one with do's and don'ts and maybe another one with how to dress. Let me know if there are any specific ones you'd like! So here its is.
I have been a cheerleader for the past 4 years and I have made the team every single year and at my school, you have to tryout each year that you'd like to be on the team so this year is my 5th year trying out. So I think that I know a thing or two about cheerleading tryouts! Here are my tips.
1) Ask for help! 
Don't be afraid to ask the coach or whom ever is running the tryouts for help if you need it. It shows initiative that you are willing to do whatever you need to in order to be the best and it also makes you stand out and the coach will take notice of you! All good things :D

2) Always smile (even when no ones looking)
This is a must! Sometimes there are people who come in with bad attitudes that smile when the coach is "looking at them", but frown or complain the rest. Most times, a coach can tell that this is happening and they notice when you aren't keeping up your smiles throughout the tryouts. Always pretend that someone's watching you because you'll be on your best behavior and you'll have some practice for if you make it on the team!

3) Be a team player!
This is a huge one! If someone asks you for help with a cheer or dance, help them! Cheerleading is a team sport and if you can get your people skills down, it'll help you in the long run. Also, never forget that the people you're trying out with could be your teammates!

4) Take corrections
This is a hard one because sometimes a fellow tryouter will try and give you advice, and my suggestion would be to try and take that advice or at least consider it because having an ego won't help you. Also, try to keep in mind that in most cases they're trying to help you out!

5) Have fun!
This one's pretty self explanatory, but if you're not having fun at tryouts, you won't have fun during the season!

So those were my top 5 tips and tricks! Let me know your tips and tricks in the comments and don't forget to subscribe to get my upcoming posts on do's and don'ts and outfits!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment