Monday, May 27, 2013

Freakin out for Finals day 5: what to do when you get distracted

Hey everyone!
So it is time for day 5 of my freakin out for finals series! If you missed day 4, I'll link it here for you.  So today was really unproductive and I got off topic a lot so I thought it would be fun to give you a few tips on how to be more productive and what to do when you get distracted and off topic. So let's get started!
1) Give yourself some time to do whatever you want
If you have been studying for hours and you need a break, give yourself one! Sometimes if I've been studying for a while, I get distracted because I don't want to study any more and I want to do something else. Giving yourself 15 minutes or so is great because it makes you more productive because it allows you to do whatever you want to do and then focus on your studies. 
2) Minimize distractions
For me this means using a radio for music instead of youtube because if I use youtube then I go on beauty videos and then I watch them and then I go to beauty blogs and then yahoo and then my email and then instagram and by then an hour has passed and I haven't got anything done! If you get easily distracted (like me) then try to set yourself up for success by minimizing your initial distractions!
3) Switch it up!
I get off topic and distracted if I get bored of the subject that I am studying so I would suggest switching your classes and subjects every 45 minutes or so just so you don't get used to the same thing and you get to review something different!
So those were my top 3 tips for minimizing distractions, increasing productivity, and what to do when you get distracted! I hope that this helped you in your quest for good grades and don't forget to subscribe for new posts daily!
Love you guys!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment