Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe

Hey everyone!
So I love to cook and bake, and I thought that since it's summer and I have a lot of free time, I can do more cooking posts! So today I made some chocolate chip muffins since I was craving them. I usually use the chocolate chip muffin mix from betty crocker or something, but I decided to go homemade on this one. So I think they turned out well, but you can tweak the recipe by adding more chocolate chips, substituting the white flour for whole wheat one or something else. So I hope you enjoy this!

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips + more for the top
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt

 1) Put all ingredients in a bowl except the chocolate chips and combine using a spoon or a mixer
2) Fold in the 1/2 cup of chocolate chip into the batter
3) Fill a muffin tin with liners and use a spoon or a ice cream scooper to fill liners 3/4 of the way with batter
4) Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on the top (if desired)
5) Bake in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Final notes: This recipe makes 12 muffins and works well in a convection oven as well as a regular oven. Make sure to watch the muffins in the last 5 minutes or so because they can overcook and turn hard and dense. 








I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you decide to try it out, let me know your thoughts on it in the comments below!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment