Friday, July 26, 2013

RIPD Movie Review

Hey everyone!
I just watched RIPD today with one of my friends and I thought I would share my thoughts on it with you! 

So first off, this movie has gotten terrible reviews. Rotten Tomatoes gave this movie a "rotten" rating and a lot of critics didn't like it. With that being said, this isn't a "must see" movie, but it isn't terrible. From the trailers and commercials, you think this is an action movie, but what you don't see is the monsters or the "Deados" as they're called and you also don't see a lot of Kevin Bacon in the commercials, which is odd because he is one of the major characters. The plot of this movie is interesting, but it isn't anything surprising or unique. I also don't think the acting is that great and the chemistry between the actors isn't that great. This movie does have its moments, mostly because of the Chinese man and "hot" woman and Jeff Bridge's character. 

If you're going to bring you're kids to this movie, I would just keep in mind that this is a PG 13 movie, but that isn't because of the violence or anything like that. The violence isn't too bad or gory at all! There is a little bit of language at the end of the movie (Jeff Bridges says "Sh!t" a lot) so if you have little kids, don't bring them!

So overall, if you really like the plot of this movie or the commercials, I don't think you're going to be disappointed. But if you're going as a "spur of the moment" type movie, you're better off going to see RED 2 or the Heat (I've reviewed both of them and I'll link them here and here). If you've seen this movie, let me know your thoughts on it in the comments!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment