Wednesday, August 21, 2013

How to balance School and Sports

Hey everyone!
I know that a lot of you have already gone back to school, but I thought that I'd start my school series later rather than never. So I'll do some makeup and organization things on my other blog and I'll do some advice posts on this blog. Todays post will deal with how to balance school and sports. 

I am a cheerleader. I am on JV and not varsity, but I think that the tricks that I use to balance it would work well for club sports, JV, and Varsity. I first want to start out by saying that I challenge myself educationally. I'm not trying to stereotype or anything, but I know lots of people who put athletics over academics and I am not one of those people. I'm taking 1 honor class and 2 AP classes this year! So here are my top 5 tips on how to balance school and sports. 

1) Stay Organized
Use a planner or agenda or something! If you can schedule your practices, games, and homework assignments  you can work on time management and you can realize what you have to do and by when. 
2) Prioritize
I know that sometimes people try to put a social life first or athletics first, but if you have a huge project due and you have some team bonding thing, I would suggest trying to realize what your priorities are and trying to focus on whats important. 
3) Utilize every moment
If you have 15 minutes before practice, do math homework! If you have some random breaks during the school day, use those to do some homework too! 
4) Make learning fun
I know that it may be tempting to facebook late at night after a practice rather than do homework, but remember that as an athlete you don't have the time that most other people have to do homework! With that being said, try to make homework enjoyable and fun. 
5) Give yourself some slack
Make sure to have some fun! Don't take life too seriously :D

So that were my 5 tips on how to balance school and sports! If you have any other tips, leave them in a comment below!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment