Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Diet Tips

Hey everyone!
I wanted to do a post on some of my diet tips! I first want to start off with a disclaimer that I am not a doctor, I do not promote unhealthy dieting or anything like that, and that this is what I personally do, but you do not need to do this if you don't want to! Also, this isn't a crash diet, but rather a way to change the way you eat so you lose a little bit of weight. So lets get started. 


Tip #1: Count some calories!
I don't mean count all your calories all the time, but if you are a snacker, count the calories that you eat as snacks, or if you drink a lot of other drinks (other than water), count those calories. By doing this, you'll get a reality check to how many calories you consume without even realizing it! Like for me, I used to be really into juice, but those have lots of calories so I started cutting it out!
Tip #2: Make realistic goals
Your goal should be something acheivable! Don't make it a goal to lose 20 pounds n a month when you know you'll have to literally starve yourself or cut off a limb to attain it! Instead make goals based on nutrition (i.e. I'll eat 7 fruits or vegetables every day), how you'll feel (I want to feel healthier and have more energy in a month), or weight (I want to lose 3 pounds in a month). 
Tip #3: Stay Hydrated
Some people stop drinking as much water as they should when they diet. This is BAD! If you stay hydrated, you know you're not losing "water weight" and you help your body stay healthy and work better. 
Tip #4: Cheat
Give yourself one cheat per day! Don't go all out with this cheat and eat a whole pizza, but if you give yourself a splurge a day like maybe a scoop of ice cream or a piece of candy, you'll be less likely to binge on this stuff later! Another thing is that if you want a bigger splurge like a burger and fries, save your mini splurges for a week and go all out on a meal! 
Tip #5: Motivate yourself
I can't tell you how to do this, because I think its different for everybody, but for me, I like to go to websites with celebrity heights and weights and exercise routines and look at that because it gives me the push to put down the carton of ice cream or go outside and run. I know that people may think this is pro anorexia or something, but I think that these can be used in a healthy way too. You could also keep a food journal to keep yourself accountable, but I think that motivation is key!
Tip #6: Portion sizes
Sometimes at restaurants  they'll give you double the portion of what you should eat so eat until you're full rather than whatever is on the plate. I personally struggle with this, but if you take your leftovers home, you'll have food for the next day!
Tip #7: Exercise
This is a no brainer, but you really can't lose weight without exercise because you do need to burn off the excess calories that you consume and some more so you have a calorie deficit each day, which lets you lose weight. I'll do another post on my exercise tips soon!

So this is just my personal thoughts. Once again, please don't leave hateful comments or anything like that because I think dieting is something that everyone goes through at some point in life and I think that this is a better alternative than starving yourself or anything like that. If you have any other diet tips, leave them below and don't forget to follow this blog for more health and fitness posts!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment