Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fake it Till You Make it

Hey guys!
Something that I've had problems with is getting into times when I get down and stay down. It happened around 2 months ago when I dislocated my shoulder and because I couldn't cheerlead for around a month and a half, I got into a funk where nothing could cheer me up. I became angry, distant, closed off, and I isolated myself from others. I have a feeling that during ones life, one goes through times of sadness and loss of motivation at least once. I got out of that part of my life around three weeks ago, but I wanted to share some of my reflections on that with you guys.
Ever since I started cheerleading, the coaches and my teammates always said "fake it till you make it". I'm sure this is a saying that all of you have heard too. It didn't occur to me what this actually meant until now. I think that sometimes in life, there are times when you get kicked down, and you can fake it and show the person you want to be, or you can stay down and close yourself off to life and the world. If you are going through something like what I have, and I'm sure someone whos reading this post is, I just want to say that life continues to go on and you only get older with each day. Life waits for no one and live the life you want to live, or at least act like it because one day you'll wake up and realize that you've healed and you're standing on your two feet again. I know that times like these are difficult, believe me, I know, but if you don't wake up tomorrow, I want you to go feeling like you've been the best person you could be and that you've lived the life you've wanted to rather than hiding in your shell. 
I love you guys all so much and I can't tell you guys how happy I've been to feel like myself and to do what I love doing and fully appreciate it. I hope that this post helped someone, and if you are going through rough periods of life, please email me (livelovemakeup14@gmail.com) because although I don't know any of you guys personally, I will be there for you guys like you have been there for me!
Love you all!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment