Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Top 5 Tips: How to Deal with DRAMA

Hey everyone!
So this post really hits close to me right now because there is a lot of drama going on in my life! A lot of it has to do with a frienemy, cheerleading, and my best friends and I thought it would be super helpful to share with you guys my top 5 tips on how to deal with drama!

1) Hang out with friends (like actual friends)
So what I've been doing is because a lot of my drama is happening with the cheerleaders on my squad, I've been hanging out with a lot of other people! I have been hanging out with some new people that I don't really know that well, some bffs, and other people! You want to surround yourselves with people who make you happy, so by hanging around people you actually like, you'll feel instantly better!
2) Lay low!
This is one of the tips that a guy friend gave me. He told me to avoid a couple who I am friends with (both the guy and the girl are my friends) while they go through their relationship drama so that I am not forced to pick sides! The best way to deal with drama, is to minimize being in the drama!
3) Vent!
I vent about drama, gossip about drama, and chat about my frustrations in general literally ALL THE TIME! Venting totally makes me feel better and its better to let your emotions out than keeping it in!
4) Prioritize
This is a big one because especially if you are still in school (middle and high school especially) drama can feel like your life! It can totally take over your mind and make you procrastinate over some more important things! I try to prioritize and leave room to vent and chat about the stuff going on, but I also know my priorities and try to spend my time on the important stuff!
5) Don't drag yourself into it! (unless you must)
This is a hard tip, but I think that it makes sense! There are people who like to be the attention, and its no problem if you're one of these people! But if you are trying to deal with the drama, it really isn't the smartest thing to go around gossiping and spreading rumors! With that being said, if people are talking smack about you, I'm all for confrontation, but think about whether its worth it to drag yourself into the drama!

So those were my top 5 tips! Let me know your tips for dealing with drama in the comments below and don't forget to follow this blog for more nutrition, fitness, and life posts!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment