Tuesday, November 12, 2013

You Can Make A Difference (Philippines Typhoon)

Hey everyone!
So this is a serious topic, but one that is near and dear to my heart. As you guys probably have heard, there was a crazy typhoon in the Philippines last week. There were initial estimates that 10,000 people have died, but the official tally is only around 2,000, which is still a hell of a lot of people. This is very near to my heart because although I am not Filipino (I'm Japanese and Okinawan fwi), I live in Hawaii, and I know a lot of people who have family in the Philippines and are personally affected by this tragedy. One friend told me that she doesn't even know if her cousin is alive because they don't have a lot of usable phones because they were destroyed in the houses. I'm not saying all this to try and get you to donate, but I would really appreciate it if you would because every bit of money, support, and love we can give to them, would be amazing. I'll link the red cross page here for you guys if you'd like to donate money, which would be amazing. But if you don't have the means to donate some money, please keep these men and women in your thoughts because they are going through something unfathomable to me and we need to pray for their health and safety. 
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment