Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Countdown Day 2! Date Bar Recipe!


Hey guys!
So it's Christmas Countdown time! I already did an intro to this series on my other blog, which I'll link here, but the general idea is that I'll be posting here every other day and on my other blog every other day Christmas related things! So for the first post, I have a yummy date bar recipe! I know that a lot of bake sales happen around this time of the year, and I wanted to share with you something I've been loving!


So these bars are so delicious because they taste like caramel cuts (blondies) and lemon bars combined! It has a really delicious taste and smell, and you can be glad you're getting in a little bit of fruit! So here's the recipe!


Crust
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour

Mix until crumbly and press evenly into a 9X9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit) for 10 minutes. 

Filling
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped dates
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Mix together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. 
Beat eggs, brown sugar, and dates and blend well. 
Add flour mixture, vanilla and nutes. 
Spread over crust and bake for 30 more minutes!

So how easy is that! If you try this out, let me know how it turned out! Also, let me know if you want more recipes in the comments because I have lots to share!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment