Monday, January 6, 2014

Shoulder update!

Hi everybody! 
So I wanted to give you a little update on my shoulder. I dislocated my shoulder a couple months ago at cheerleading and then again maybe around a month and a half ago. My shoulder has been feeling unstable and loose and it has been in a lot of pain, so I went to the doctor. When my doctor asked me to push up when my arm was crossed across my body, it hurt a lot. It turns out, that my doctor thinks I might have ripped the cartilage in my shoulder when I dislocated my shoulder the second time. It's not for sure yet, but in a couple weeks I need to get a MRI to determine where the rip is. The scariest part for me is that before the MRI I have to get injected with dye so that if my cartilage is ripped, the dye will leak out. My doctor said that the recovery will probably be 3-6 months if I have to get surgery or 1 1/2 months if I only have to do physical therapy. I didn't mean to be a downer with this post, but I just wanted to share this with you guys because I know that I've shared a lot about my shoulder and that some of you guys are interested in my recovery. 
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment