Saturday, February 1, 2014

Orange Carrot Juice Recipe!

Hi lovelies!
So if you follow me on twitter, you probably know that I have been on a little bit of a health kick lately and I've been juicing a lot more than usual! I made a orange carrot juice last night and I wanted to share the recipe with you in this post!

So first off, I don't have a juicer. Yes, you heard that right! So what I like to do is use a normal juice from a can or bottle as the "liquid" and blend my vegetables and fruits with that and strain it. It is a little bit more work heavy than if you had a juicer, but the end product is just as good! 



Ingredients:
5 handfuls of baby carrots
5 large stalks of celery
1 large orange
bottled orange juice to blend
chunk of ginger (optional)
 

So blend the first four ingredients together until you get a smooth consistency. Run the liquid through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl or a cup. This juice recipe makes a little over 2 cups for me, so you should pick a container accordingly. After the juice runs through the strainer, use a spoon to compress the pulp and squeeze out the remaining juice. If you do it correctly, whatever is left in the strainer should be dry to the touch and densely packed. This juice is a little light so if you'd like to add more flavor, you can add a chunk of ginger to it and let it steep for a couple hours!

I hope you enjoyed this post and if you'd like more juice recipes and other food posts, let me know in the comments! Also, follow me on twitter and follow this blog for more diet and fitness posts!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment