Monday, March 10, 2014

My Plants are Growing!

Hey guys!
So in my last post, I showed one of my favorite things to do now: growing plants! I wrote that last post maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I thought that I'd do a little update on the plant's growth today! 


So the first thing that you might notice is that I switched it to a different container! My plants were outgrowing the old one, so I cut the top off of a water bottle and I used that as my planter instead! I like how its clear because you might not be able to see it in the picture, but some of the plants don't make it out of the top of the bottle yet, but because the bottle is clear, they still get enough sunlight to do photosynthesis!

 The basil is doing fabulous and there are two or three nice stalks of it growing in the soil. Also, I have a really tiny cilantro plant, that isn't doing too well just because the stem is really thin, so it doesn't really stand up straight. There are also a few random plants at the bottom of the container that I think are herbs from the kit, but aren't large enough to be distinguishable yet!

So I hope that you liked this post. I really enjoy gardening and I love how this is fool proof and I can literally go days without looking at the plants or watering them! Also, herbs are fantastic to grow because they smell fabulous and are really useful in cooking too! Let me know if you like this sort of update post in the comments because I'd love to do more of them in the future as my plants (hopefully) grow!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment