Monday, June 2, 2014

I'm so scared!

Hi guys!
So this will probably be a longish post and I'm writing it on my phone so let's pray that there arent too many spelling mistakes! This will be the last shoulder surgery post before I actually have the surgery on Wednesday so here we go!
I had my pre op appointment on Thursday and to be honest, it was hella scary! We had to sign consent forms and it's scary to read them because I'm super familiar with the labral repair surgery I'm supposed to have but when you read all the things that they could do to you when you're unconscious it's scary! Especially micro fracturing. Apparently it's like they put small cracks in your bone to increase blood flow. I've also been going through periods of extreme anxiety over the pain! Like my surgeon was talking about how the nerve block usually wears off in the middle of the night and that's when the pain will hit. I'm so freaked out because I have a high pain tolerance but the mental anticipation is really scary! The bright side is I'm getting strong pain meds (hydrocodone if you were wondering) so that should make it better... Hopefully! I'm trying to keep my mind off of it by party planning a get together on Tuesday night and I think it's a good distraction! 
Well I hope this post was interesting, although I highly doubt it! I'll do little progress posts after my surgery and until then I love you all and thanks for being so patient with my crazy posting schedule! 
-Sisi 

No comments:

Post a Comment