Saturday, June 28, 2014

Summer Reading

Hey guys!
Summertime is here and I'm determined to start reading some more! Reading is something I love to do for fun, but hate for school. I decided to do a post on my reading plans for the summer in the hopes that some of you guys could leave me suggestions if you know of some great books that I don't and also so you guys can request reviews if you're interested in reading some. Just a little disclaimer, this list is embarrassing. Like really embarrassing. Some of these books are so popular or so old that you're going to think I'm crazy for waiting so long to read them, but I'm willing to take that risk to share this list with y'all. So here we go! 

Divergent (and Insurgent and Allegiant)
So I finished divergent in a day (it was that good) and I'm going to start insurgent tonight I think. I'm so behind on this series and I had seen the movie version of divergent before I read the book and I really like it! I actually saw the movie twice because I loved it so much and the book is soooooo good!

The Fault in Our Stars
Another insanely popular book that I haven't read yet. Once again, like divergent, I saw the movie without having read the book (yes I'm one of those people) and I loved the movie and I love John Green (literally the only reason I passed APUSH) and I'm positive I'll love the book once I read it!


The Maze Runner
Honestly, I haven't really heard much about this book from my friends and this book has been around for a while, but I really want to read it because I'm really into dystopian novels right now. 

I also have some books that are for an english class that I unfortunately had to drop as it didn't fit into my schedule, but are classics that I haven't read yet. So I might read them this summer if I feel like it, but I'm not quite sure if I will because they are harder and more complex. These books include Antigone, Lord of the Flies, and Macbeth

So if you have some other books that you love, let me know because I really want some suggestions! Also, don't forget to follow me on twitter because I've been tweeting daily lately!
-Sisi

P.S. One of my readers told me to read the Slated trilogy because it's another dystopian type novel on facebook! Just thought I'd share!

No comments:

Post a Comment