Sunday, June 22, 2014

Surgery update

Okay guys! So I just tweeted about this so I assume that some of you guys are going to read this and I wanted to do a little intro. So this post is really short and just bad quality because I used voice recognition on my phone 4 days after surgery and I was sick and in pain and it hurt like hell so excuse the bad writing. Also, it's been around 2 and a half weeks since surgery if that gives you a time reference. Also, theres a picture below of my shoulder (like inside) so if you don't want to see that EXIT NOW (even though it's not bad or gory at all). Okay so there's my little intro! The rest is from when I wrote it originally!

 


So I had surgery 4 days ago and I thought I would update you guys. 


On surgery day I went in at 7:15 am to check in. It was all pretty uneventful but they had trouble setting up my iv. I think they tried four spots on my left arm and they couldn't find my vein so that was pretty painful. They also gave me a nerve block so it was a shot in the neck and that hurt a lot too. Other than that I don't really remember much of the preoperational stuff. After the surgery I woke up super nauseous because of the anesthesia they gave me but I still had the nerve block so my arm wasn't in pain. I was so nauseous from the anesthesia as it was wearing off and the painkillers they gave me made me even more nauseous. The pain got really bad at 11 o'clock at night and that was probably the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. But other than that the pain hasn't been too bad. Thursday was more of the same I was still nauseous but the pain was only like a six on a 10 point scale. I had my first post op on Friday and that was pretty rough. I was so nauseous and dizzy that walking was kind of a struggle. But may surgeon switched my meds to a non-narcotic and gave me a patch for my nausea. 

So that's pretty much it. I've been icing a lot and sleeping a lot and I've been watching the Kardashian marathon on e. I'm sorry if this post is really hard to read but I've been using the voice recognition on my iPhone so I didn't have to write it out. I hope this is interesting for you guys and I'll talk to you later!
-Sisi 

No comments:

Post a Comment