Monday, August 25, 2014

I'm Not a Secret Blogger Anymore!

Hi guys!
So as the title says, I'm not a secret blogger anymore! I told my parents about my blog(s) the other day and honestly I regret it. 

You can be at such a high when you're blogging. Because you have some secret connection with the world that you and only you know about and that's all broken once you start mixing internet with reality. Honestly the first thing that my parents said when I told them about my blog is...
"is this something you want to do for the rest of your life?"
"how can you make it bigger"

"how can you monetize it better" etc. 

I understand that it comes from a good place, but when it comes down to it, that's the one thing that I hate most. I loved knowing that this was a side of me that I could completely control. I had full creative control over what I wrote and how my blog looked. Full executive control over how my blogs were monetized and managed and now I feel like that's lost. I understand that they want to help and I appreciate that, but this is something that I've done by myself for so long and I feel as if I've made it this far, to over 150 followers on bloglovin and 500 on twitter, I can make it farther alone. 

All of my needs about secrecy and intimacy are selfish and I completely and fully comprehend that, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather be selfish and put out things that I love and am proud of than give up my control and feel weak for not being able to accomplish this on my own. 

Hopefully I'll grow out of feeling like this, or my family will read this and understand where I'm trying to come from, but for all you secret bloggers out there, remember where you are now. That feeling of intimacy and secrecy is the best thing in the world, and honestly, it's all I crave right now.
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment