Saturday, August 9, 2014

New School Year, New You

Hi guys!
I know it's around back to school time for a lot of you and if it isn't, then it will be soon! I don't start until the last week in August, but I know that most of you start a lot sooner than that so I wanted to do this post now. It's just my thoughts and wishes for all of you and I hope you enjoy it!

So it's back to school time and I know that this is met with excitement for a chance to start anew, but also despair for the schoolwork. I want this year to be the best for you and me and I just wanted to give us some things to think about.

The school year goes so quickly and looking back on the years, I regret not living more in the moment. Remember that life is short, and that these are days, and years that you're never going to get back. When we get older, we're going to remember the people and the events and most of all, our feelings rather than grades and papers. But never use "you only live once" as an excuse for yourself. If you drink or do questionable things, that's fine. It's really not my place to judge. But I want you guys to live in the now. Enjoy yourself, have fun, do whatever makes you happy, because in the end, that matters more than the schoolwork.

Respect goes a long way. I've seen my classmates act in ways that aren't the best and I want us to  remember that everyone you meet is a human and everyone goes through hidden struggles everyday. It's so important to respect others and to respect yourself.

I know that many teenagers get into fights with their parents. I do, and pretty much everyone I know does as well. But family is everything and especially once you hit junior and senior year, you need to have open communication and mutual respect if you're considering college because they're most likely going to foot some of the bill. Appreciate all of the sacrifices because it's not easy for them to do and they're not obligated to do it.

Drama isn't cool or fun. Don't start it, don't feed it, pretty much avoid it at all costs and you'll be a lot happier.

Hmmm. So dating. I think just keep everything in perspective. We're in high school guys! Come on! Like we're really going to find our future husband/wife in there. If you want to date, that's great, if not, that's fine too. Keep life in perspective and try to see the bigger picture.

That was a long post! But I just wanted to write some things down so I could keep myself grounded this year and I hope that it helps keep everything in perspective for you guys too! Let me know if you have any advice in the comments and don't forget to follow me on bloglovin!
Love you guys!
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment