Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros and Cons of being a "secret blogger"

Hi guys!
So as a few of my long term readers know, I'm pretty much a "secret blogger" at this point in my life. This pretty much means that my friends and family in my personal life don't really know about my blogs. The one exception to this so far would be my sister as she's been in some videos. There are definitely pros and cons to being a "secret blogger" that I think it'd share with you guys now!

Pros:
You never feel judged 
I've heard horror stories about people being bulled for doing YouTube videos and things like that and I know that there are a lot of misconceptions about beauty blogging and vlogging and if you're a secret blogger, you never once feel judged or hated or anything like that from people in your personal life.

You can write about people in your personal life
I don't tend to do this all to often, but if I wanted to, I could totally write about someone in my life or an event that went down without feeling weird that the other people involved would read it. I think that if you're a secret blogger, it just keeps that stuff a little less awkward.

You have full control
If you are a secret blogger, you have full creative control of your blog and you can do whatever you want without feeling pressured by people to change your layout or topics or anything like that. You can do whatever makes you happy and you don't have other people getting involved because people with good intentions can still be hella annoying.

Cons:
You can't share your success with others
When you hit big milestones such as 100 subscribers or 200 subscribers, it's really hard to keep your blog a secret because you want to share with everyone and anyone! 

People think you're doing nothing with your life
This is a huge one for me! My family especially are at the point where they feel like I'm doing absolutely nothing with my life and I'm wasting away in front of the computer screen, when in actually, I'm vlogging or blogging and being creative in my own way. This is the biggest con for me, but where I'm at right now in my life, I feel like the pros outweigh the cons.

So those were the two big cons that I could think of and the three biggest pros. I'm not going to tell you what to do, because I think that being open with your friends and family or hiding this portion of your life is a private matter and something that you need to decide for yourself. I'm still a secret blogger. Is this the best for me right now? Maybe not, but it gives me peace of mind knowing my thoughts are sacred and shared with all of you guys and that internet people are judging me instead of people I personally know! Tomorrow I can change my mind and go public, but for now, I'm happy with my decision and I'm loving being a secret blogger! So now, for all you bloggers out there, let me know how and when you told your friends and family about your blog, or if you're still a secret blogger like me!
-Sisi 

No comments:

Post a Comment