Thursday, February 26, 2015

Prioritization

Hey guys!
It's not super late right now, which is kind of surprising because I'm really exhausted! But, I wanted to get this post written for you because prioritization is something that I've been pondering a lot recently. 

The sad fact of life is that there is never enough hours in a day for us to accomplish what we want to. That's where prioritization comes in. We put what we value most on the top of our to-do list, and leave whatever remains until the next day. Is this system perfect? Not quite, but it's the best that we can do. Lately, I've been trying to think about what I prioritize and I've been trying to prioritize based on what is important to me rather than what society or others tell me to prioritize. 

For me, the things that I put on the top of the list are the things that make me happy. That's blogging and making videos. Exercising, eating, spending time with family and friends, sleeping. Some of these things are actually important (like exercising for my health), but other things are small things that I just really like. Before, I would put schoolwork and homework really high on my list and I would stay up late trying to finish it all, but now I really try to evaluate everything and make decisions based on what I want. For example, if I'm really tired and I have a bit of homework left, I'll go to sleep rather than staying up (which is something that I wouldn't have done a few months ago). 

Societal pressures and the internal pressures we feel to do our best sometimes negatively impact the quality of our lives, so I want to challenge you to evaluate your life. Figure out what you truly want to place on the top of your list and compare that to your current list right now, and make changes! I understand that it's hard to feel like you're disappointing others or not trying hard enough, but if you spend time doing things that you personally value, you will feel so much better every single day. Let me know your thoughts on this post in the comments below and let me know what you guys put on the top of your list!
-Sisi
Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Bloglovin Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment