Friday, May 22, 2015

IDGAF If You Think I'm a Bitch

Hi guys!
So it's been quite a while since I've posted on this blog (sorry!), but I've been so busy with the #StylishSummer Challenge that I've been running on my other blog. Today's post is going to be one of those opinion pieces I do once in a while. Keep in mind whilst reading this that it is 100% my own opinion and that you can totally agree with me or disagree with me, I don't really care. 

Selfishness. 

It's supposed to be a sin, something we should purge and cleanse ourselves from. If a girl is selfish and only thinks of herself she's a bitch. If a guy puts himself first he's decisive or driven. There is such a stigma about girls focusing on themselves that I don't think should exist at all. 

No one in this world is going to look out for you 100% of the time. This is a fact. You are the only one capable of protecting yourself, expressing yourself, and focusing on your needs before anything else. 

If someone is going through something difficult and hurts you by accident are you selfish or a bitch for letting yourself feel that pain? I don't think so. I think that in this life, no one is more important than yourself. This is such an egocentric thing to say, but it's true. If you don't let yourself be selfish, if you don't put yourself before others, if you don't let yourself live to your fullest potential what are you doing? You're sure as hell not living life to it's fullest potential. You numb yourself until you are nothing and float away with the breeze. 


You can call me a bitch for always putting my needs and problems at the top of my list. You can call me a bitch for choosing to feel all the lows life brings even though society tells me to repress them. You can say that I'm a bitch, but I'm happy and that's all that matters. 

-Sisi
Other Modern Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment