Monday, May 25, 2015

Veggie Pesto Pasta

Hi guys!
I've been struggling with what to do with this blog for a while and because of that, it's been kind of neglected. But I've decided to make it a lot more food based, and I have an amazing recipe for you today! I made this pesto pasta one day when I had literally NOTHING in my fridge, and it was so delicious! It was also super speedy to make, and tasted great the next day too! 




What You'll Need:
Pasta of your choice (I chose Rotini)
Leafy Green (I used a Baby Kale mix)
Other Veggies (I used Cherry Tomatoes and Shredded Carrots)
Pesto (Mines is from Costco, but if you make your own more power to ya!)
Chicken (I used shredded Rotisserie Chicken from Costco!)

How To:

  1. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. Salt the water and try to shoot for al dente pasta because it'll cook a tiny bit more once it's in the sauce! Also, reserve around 1/3 cup of pasta water!
  2. Take a deep pan or a small pot and add the 1/3 cup of pasta water with a splash of olive oil. Add your vegetables and cook until your veggies are tender and your greens are wilted. 
  3. After your veggies are cooked, add in your chicken until it's warmed through.
  4. Add your pasta back in and toss. By now, most of the water should be evaporated, and if there's a tiny bit left, you're perfect! Add in your pesto! I did A LOT because I'm obsessed with pesto, but you can add as much or as little as you want! Toss to coat.
  5. If you want, you can top it off with a bit of cheese! If not, eat it while it's hot!


I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you try it out, tweet me a picture (@a_modern_girl) and let me know what you think of it in the comments! Also, follow this blog on bloglovin to be updated when new posts go live!




Other Modern Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment