Saturday, August 8, 2015

Why is it So Hard to Get a Drivers License?!?!

Hey guys!
I know that many of you are aware that I'm leaving for college on the 12th and that I was trying to get my drivers license before then. Well, I took the driving test today and I failed. I'm not so upset that I failed, because I was kind of expecting that, but I'm pretty upset with the whole DMV system. Every state is different for when you can retest, but in Hawaii it's a week. Except I'll be on a plane in a week, so I guess I'll have to wait until December to take it... Oh well, that's unavoidable, but the things that I got marked off on were pretty ridiculous. The first ridiculous thing that I got marked off on was for going 28 mph in a 25 zone. Sure, I guess you can call this "speeding", but everyone around me was going way over 30! The other thing that bugged me was that she said I didn't move into the intersection fast enough after the car in front of me made a left turn. I did it, but it wasn't fast enough. I think the thing about road testing in general that really bugs me is that it holds you to a higher standard than the majority of people out there. You can be a darn good driver, but that doesn't mean that you'll pass a road test. These people are picky and literally scrutinize your driving to an extreme. Nobody drives like the way you're supposed to on the test, and I think that they should change the test to reflect that. Obviously if you're not a safe driver, that's one thing, but for the rest of us that know what we're doing, it shouldn't be this difficult. I don't know what this post was! I guess it was a rant-ish thing of sorts, but it really bothers me that I'll have to wait until winter to take my road test again...
Ugh, well I guess that's life :P
-Sisi

No comments:

Post a Comment