Monday, November 16, 2015

Daily Diary 11/16/15: Productivity

Hey guys!
Today we're talking about productivity! My chemistry lab was canceled today, so I ended class at 1:00 instead of 4:00 in the afternoon. I spent the afternoon what I consider productively, but I know that a lot of people will think otherwise, so I thought I'd write a little bit about the concept of productivity. 


First off, let's start off with how I spent the afternoon! 
After I finished my last class, I stopped by the cafeteria to grab lunch before heading back to my dorm. I was craving chicken tenders and fries so hard, so that's what I got! When I got back to my dorm I ate and watched some youtube videos and responded to some comments on my latest videos. After that, I decided to take a nap. I know some of you don't think that naps are productive, but I'll talk about that a little later. I then was in that half sleep half awake state for an hour while I watched some of Cowspiracy. Then I finished my math homework that's due on wednesday, studied for my test on Friday, facetimed my friend, and wrote a couple blog posts on my other blog. 

Okay, so here's my justification for why naps are productive. I think that if you're exhausted you're not going to be functioning at your highest level. You'll be tired, your brain won't work as well, and it'll take you longer to get your stuff done. If you're well rested, you'll retain information much better and will function at a higher level. For me, I think that had I tried to do my math homework while tired, it would have taken WAY over an hour to complete, but I did it in half an hour, which is faster than usual. It was also easier for me to understand what I needed to do, and I think I was more aware and focused. 

I would much rather take a short nap and be good to go for the rest of the afternoon than to stay awake and struggle through everything. That's why I think my afternoon was so productive! 

This was kind of a funky, random, post but I wanted to write about this! Also, Cowspiracy. Wow. It was such a mindblowing movie and I'm still processing some of it, so I'll cover it in a later post. But if you haven't watched it, it's on Netflix and is really amazing. 
-Sisi

P.S. Have you read yesterday's post yet? If not, here ya go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment