Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Daily Diary 11/18/15: Taking Care of Myself

Hey guys!
For todays daily diary I want to talk about health and personal responsibility. This is kind of a big thing in my dorm, and I thought that I'd share a little about what's going on with you! 

So first, a lot of people are getting sick lately. That's pretty typical for having so many teenagers in such close proximity, and a lot of people are getting pink eye and strep throat. I haven't gotten sick, and I think that's because I take care of myself. I try to keep my stress level really low, I eat extremely clean for the most part, I get regular exercise and I stretch often, and I practice good hygiene. I understand that people who do all of that can and do get sick, but I think that it helps to keep me healthier than someone who lives in a dirty room and eats crap and is constantly stressed and binging and all that stuff. 

The second thing is that the other day one of my friends got hurt playing sports and a lot of people wanted to take her to the emergency room when she didn't want to. It really bothered me hearing people talk about wanting to physically lift her and put her in a car to force her to go to the emergency room when she said that she was fine. My personal opinion was that she should have gone, but at the same time I have gone through so many sports injuries and I know how important it is to listen to the injured person. In all of my injuries it was usually the opposite with me trying to get care for an injury when others were trying to convince me that I was alright (example: my shoulder dislocation before I was diagnosed with my labrum tear), but nobody knows your body as well as you do, and that's something a lot of people don't understand. 

The last thing is that it really bothers me how so many people have no freaking clue about when and how to use medications. Like I cringe every time someone takes acetaminophen when their hangover symptoms start to come because that just puts so much stress on your liver. In general there's also a lot of people that don't know what types of medicine to take for their different conditions whether that's a cold or allergies or pain relief, and I think that's something that more people need to focus on learning about because that's such a basic life skill that's so important. 

Well this has turned into a slight rant type thing, and I'll probably end up making a video on how to stay healthy while in college because I really want to go more in depth with that! 
-Sisi

P.S. Have you read yesterday's Daily Diary post? Click here to hear my thoughts on Syrian Refugees!

No comments:

Post a Comment