Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Daily Diary 11/24/15: Oh, How Things Have Changed

Hey guys!
We are so close to Thanksgiving and a month away from Christmas Eve, and everybody's in the holiday spirit. I thought that I'd take a little bit to reflect on the last year. 


This is the first year that my family won't be together on Thanksgiving. My brother is in Japan and won't be back until the beginning of June, and I'm away in Reno, and won't be home until 12/16. I think that everyone's trying to cope differently because my grandparents are going to fly to New York, my parents and sister are going to be staycationing in Waikiki, and I'm going to be going to one of my roommate's family's house. Last year, around Thanksgiving, I did a post about things that I'm thankful for in my life.

While all of those are still true, and are things I am very much thankful for in my life, I guess the one thing that I've realized was how short life is and how I need to live life better. That is such a vague thing, but it's true! I need to stop waiting around for things to happen, and start making them happen myself. I need to prioritize the people that are important to me, and stop focusing on the small things. I need to work towards something everyday, I need to stay present, and I need to start realizing that life, itself, is a blessing. 

My parents sometime joke around and say that I'm trying to reach enlightenment by reading and changing my philosophies of life, but it's kind of true. This last year I've realized what's important and what I should be thankful for. 

This post totally went a different way than I had expected, but I like it! I hope that this post was interesting, and don't forget to follow me on bloglovin to get updates every single day! Also, I'm going to try my hardest over the next four days to get posts out, but I'm going to be staying at someone's house, so I don't exactly know when I'll be able to write these posts.
-Sisi


No comments:

Post a Comment