Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Daily Diary 11/4/15: Mental Health Days

Hey guys!
It's 11:18 and I was just about to go to sleep, but I wanted to write this first! Honestly, today wasn't super productive. It was very much one of those chill "mental health days" that everyone wants, but nobody wants to take. I am a huge believer in always getting shit done on time and well, but some days need to be relaxed as well, and that's very much what today was. 


I woke up early this morning, a good hour and a half before my alarm was going to go off. I spent an hour of that time drifting in and out of consciousness, and the half and hour scrolling through my phone. While I call today a mental health day, I was very much "on" during my classes. I took good notes, stayed present, and tried my hardest to actually learn. It was after I got out of my last class, my biochemistry class, that I started to relax and chill.

I was starving by that time, so I got some Panda Express and ate it in my dorm room while watching old Shark Tank episodes. I really like Shark Tank because it's one of those shows where I don't have to think while watching it, and if I zone out for a little, I can pick up right where I left off. I stayed in my room the rest of the afternoon doing pretty much nothing. I read some blog posts, watched some youtube videos, read things online, fixed my tumblr blog... I also tried to do some math homework and ended up doing that for a solid hour, so that was good. 

After my roommates got back from their afternoon classes, we got dinner and came back to the room. I spent some time exercising and stretching, which was great, and then I watched the second half of the Clippers vs. Warriors game. I showered, chatted with someone about the game, and that brings me here!

I think that our culture has gotten us so riled up and focused on "productivity". That is so unhealthy if you're not taking consistent time off to recharge and reboot yourself! I worked so hard yesterday on my papers and my homework, that I feel I deserved taking the day off and I don't feel guilty about it at all. There's actually that whole thing about the Netflix guy taking 6 weeks of vacation off or something like that. That's how everyone should live because when you're overworked you're not productive, and you're wasting time that could be spent relaxing and working on yourself. 

I'll see you tomorrow for another daily diary post, and let me know in the comments your thoughts on mental health days and chill days!
-Sisi

P.S. Have you seen yesterday's post? If you haven't, you can do so here!




No comments:

Post a Comment