Monday, November 9, 2015

Daily Diary 11/9/15: Snow

Today was the first real snow day of the season here in Reno, and it was absolutely incredible! Last week we had a little bit of snow here in the valley, but it didn't stick and didn't last for long. I think that it's funny seeing how people react to the snow and I think that the way people respond to the weather is a really great metaphor for life. 


A photo posted by SIENNA ☄ (@miss_sienna) on

When I went out in the snow, I was like a child on Christmas day. I was so excited and had so much fun just watching the snowflakes land in my hair and hit my face. I could not stop laughing, and was having such a great time. 

There was another guy that I'm friends with that was absolutely hilarious! He was writing letters in the snow and making patterns in the grass. He let himself go and focused on the fun and didn't give a fuck that people were looking at him funny. 

On the other hand there were just as many people cursing about how the snow was flying in to their eyes and ruining their makeup. Or how their shoes were getting wet because they didn't anticipate the snow. 

I think that in times like these you can either focus on the negatives or the positives. The best thing to do is to lose yourself and have fun in these moments because life's to short to be anything except happy. I'm really happy in the warmth of my room with a cup of tea, but if it's still snowy in the morning you can bet I'll go outside with a huge smile on my face. 
-Sisi

P.S. You can read yesterday's post here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment